Saturday, March 20, 2010

My Prayer

Father God,

First, I want to thank you. You have given me another day of life, another chance to fulfill your will for my life. I know upon waking up my first thoughts should be given to you, but Lord, I confess that I am so wrapped up in my own life, that I don't think about it. I seldom realize that it's a privilege to wake up in the morning. It's a privilege to walk, to talk, to even breathe God. Lord, help me. When I wake, set my heart on you, set my thoughts on you. No one else and no other thing deserves the place that is rightfully yours.

Lord, I come to you humbled. You ask for a broken spirit, and that is all I am. I'm not worthy to come to you, to ask things in your name, Lord, but I know that you hear me, and you answer. You're the rock on which I stand, you're the hand that I reach for. Father, help me to remember your promise when I am caught in the life you have given me. Your promise that you will never forsake me. Lord, this life gets so hard sometimes, and inside I'm screaming for a savior; Lord, you are my Savior. You know what I'm going through, because you've been there. You became a man, felt the pressures of life that I feel, but Lord, you never once gave into this life's sinful nature. Thank you for your perfection. Without it, I would not have a hope in the world, I would have nothing to strive for, and Lord, I strive for you.

Father, in my daily walk, I ask for your protection. Not only for my own protection, but for the protection of my family and friends. Physical protection, but also spiritual protection Lord. There are those who do not know you, those who claim to know you, and those who do not want to know you, Father. I ask that you would open their hearts. Lord, nothing in this life is more important to me than you, and knowing how much I love you, I wish that they could feel your love too. Every time I fall, every time I stumble, every time I wander from you, God, you are there. I can rest in your peace, and I pray that same feeling would be available to my loved ones.

God, I pray for daily peace. Lord, I know that I worry about things in my life that I don't need to. I worry about my safety, my family's safety, what I'm going to do with my life, my sins, my failures and my problems. Father, you tell me not to worry about those things, but I know that as a human, I am susceptible to feeling it. I ask that you would take away my worry and my stress Lord, for I know that as sure as you were there for me yesterday, Lord, you will be there for me tomorrow. I know that I don't have to worry about where I will sleep, what I will eat, or even what I will wear, because you have taken care of those things for me.

I come to you with my problems Lord. You ask that I lay them at your feet. Father, here they are. I give them to you. You are a worthy, righteous, forgiving God, and I put my trust in you. Lord, forgive me of my sins and wash me clean of my guilt. Don't remember my sins Lord, for I want to be pure in the sight of you. Use me for your glory God, for you deserve the praise of the nations.

Give me peace as I walk this life and give me the strength to live for your name.

I will honor you all the days of my life.

I love you Father.

In Jesus' name, I ask these things,

Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Aysha... this one gave me "goose-bumps". This Prayer says it all and I can just imagine the joy God feels hearing this prayer and all the prayers He hears from others. It makes me want to "talk" to God more and get closer to Him.

    ReplyDelete

with love.