Tuesday, March 2, 2010

2012 - End of the world?

Okay, so with all of this recent hype with the end of the world coming in December of 2012, I thought I would write a little bit on that. I don't know everything about it. I'm looking into it, but as far as I know, these are the assumed facts (correct me if I'm wrong):

1. The world is supposed to end on December 21, 2010
2. That date is the end of the Mayan calendar
3. The planets will align on that day
4. The polarities of the earth are going to switch because of the planets aligning (this is supposed to cause all things that run on electric or magnets to shut down)

Those are some of the facts (or thoughts) that I've heard.

In my opinion, I don't think that is going to be cause for the world to end. Yes, it is going to cause A LOT of chaos, but I don't think that would be means for the end of the world.

What do people mean by the end of the world anyway? Some people I've asked, think that it's going to be when the world blows is, or is taken over by aliens. But what I've heard that makes the most sense, is the idea that Jesus Christ is going to come back for His followers. Now, that's not to say that it is going to happen on this exact day.
Matthew 24:36 says: "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."
So the way that I understand it is, that Jesus doesn't even know the moment that He is coming back. God does. There are places in the Bible where it says that certain things have to take place before He can come back...one of those things is the title of my blog.

Until the whole world hears.
Matthew 24:24, Jesus says, "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come."
There is absolutely no way that we can find out when this will occur. Wycliffe Bible translators are working on having the Bible translated into all languages; they are almost done. So the way that I take this Bible verse is, that when everyone has had the chance to HEAR ABOUT, not CHOOSE, Jesus, then after that time, He will come back.

But that isn't the only thing that has to take place. There are certain things that have to take place in Israel. And not to mention, the Antichrist is going to be making his appearance. People debate on whether or not the rapture is going to happen before or after the Great Tribulation, but part of this event is the rise of the Antichrist. So I'm not sure either. There are places in the Bible that speak about the Antichrist, and his rise that has to take place, but it's not clear as to when he is going to appear.

As far as the hype around 2012...maybe, maybe not. I know one thing for sure though. The world isn't going to 'end,' by blowing up, aliens, or any other weird event, because the Bible doesn't speak about it. The 'end' is Jesus' return for His saints.

And I'm counting on that.

Blessings,
A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

with love.