Friday, April 30, 2010

I'll Stand For You

I'm challenging you today.

Stand up for Christ.

Does that idea seem daunting? Scary? Or maybe you delight and take joy in it.

Over 2,000 years ago, our Savior came to earth and subjected Himself to death on a cross, so that He might save us.

All He asked in return is that we would share Him with others, love one another, and that we would believe and have faith in Him.

Seems like a simple task to me, but as I look around, I see that it's much more complicated than that. We are surrounded by arrogance, pride, slander and hate. Christ has been removed from the center of our lives.

These song lyrics, from Jonny Diaz describe what is happening in this world, and what we should do about it:
In a world that tries to water you down, where beliefs cannot be spoken out loud, I'll stand for truth. Where they claim your way isn't wide enough, and they do their best to cover you up, I'll stand up for you.
Isn't this true?

In our world, Jesus has been watered down. He has been plastered on walls and buildings and the backs of cars in forms of mockery. His Holy Name has been misused for years upon years. Places of worship are being defiled. We desecrate and defile our own bodies with sex before marriage. We change our image with makeup, hair color, contacts, implants, reductions. And for what?
Genesis 1:27 -- So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.
So when does it end?

When will His name get the glory it deserves?
When will His house be reclaimed?
When will His image be restored?

We only get one life to live, and one life to get it right.

If you're living a life ruled by fear of rejection, persecution and suffering, then take heart! Your reward in heaven will be that much greater. If we partake in the suffering of Christ, we will receive great things!
1 Peter 4:13 -- But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.
Romans 8:18 -- I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.
So my challenge again: Stand up for Christ.
Matthew 10:32-33 -- Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven.
Why keep Him to yourself? Share Him. Stand up for Him.

I know that I will.

Lord Jesus, as I walk this road of life, give me the strength and courage to stand up for you. Let me not be ashamed of the name that brought me freedom, the name that opened the door of eternity for me. You said that if we are ashamed of you here on earth, that you will be ashamed of us in front of your Father in heaven, so Lord, I ask that you would take my fears and worries from me. I am not ashamed of you. For your name, I will stand up.

Bring me peace of mind, Father, and the courage to stand strong.

In Jesus' name I pray these things,

Amen.

Blessings, 

A. 

1 comment:

with love.