Thursday, May 19, 2011

{the matthew movement}

Here we are at Writer, Thinker, Dreamer Thursday. What a mouthful, huh?

These past few weeks, days and hours have been challenging, yet so encouraging.

For as long as I can remember, I've wanted to make a difference for God's kingdom. At 5 years old, I knew that I wanted to be a missionary. I wanted to be the next Amy Carmichael. I understood at that young age that I was marked -- personally chosen by God for something that would bring about a change in the world. In the following years, it would be His will that I would strive to follow, His heart that I would long to know.

At the age of 21, I've come to a place of rest, or soul peace rather. The past year at Cornerstone University was a time of growth and being stretched..ultimately, it was the season of my life where God was preparing me for what I am being called to this minute.

The Matthew Movement.

I imagine that you're wondering what that is, and I chose the name that I did. Here is that answer.
Matthew 25:34-36, 40 -- Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’... And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’
I am building up this organization from the ground up, with nothing more than the directions given by God. It's a complete act of trust for me, as I'm one who tries to hold the reigns on everything in my life.

So what is the movement about? The Matthew Movement will be a non-profit organization selling handmade (by me!) treasure boxes. With each box that is custom-designed and purchased, half of the proceeds will go to the movement's ministry funds. Furthermore, boxes can be donated (with a letter or card inside from the person who purchased the box) which will be given to:
  • Children coming from low-income families or children living in children's homes
  • Abused women
  • Nursing home patients
  • Soldiers
  • Prisoners (letters only)
  • Homeless in my local community (brown bag lunches + a letter)
There are so many people who need to hear the Word of God, and so many people aren't stepping up to the plate in their own communities. I want to change that.

It's our job to remember those who society has either thrown away and forgotten, or has given up on. It's our calling to remember the sick, the needy, the orphans, the widows, the homeless, the hungry, the thirsty and the naked.

As a follower of Christ, I seek to die to self daily and make an impact for the Kingdom. With The Matthew Movement, I will have the opportunity to advance the Kingdom and make a difference in a life that would have otherwise been disregarded.

You can be a part of something great and it all begins...with a box.

Blessings,



PS. It would be awesome if you could begin praying for the process, as I begin talking to elementary schools, youth groups, local churches, children's homes, abuse centers, etc. As I embark on this journey, I also ask that you would pray for every life that I encounter, that they would see Christ in my actions, hear His voice in my words, and feel His presence as I stand near them. Thank you for making a difference.

1 comment:

  1. I pray God uses your new ministry. I also, at 21, knew I wanted to be a missionary and have spent my life serving in different ways. Love your heart!

    ReplyDelete

with love.