Tuesday, July 20, 2010

"Face of Mercy" - Original Poem

Hey everyone!

Here is another writing that I wanted to share with you.
  
I can only be broken down for so long,
Before the weight of this world makes me fall.
Fallen from your grace, fallen from your hand;
Fallen from everything that kept me standing tall.

How can you even look upon my face?
Against you, I've dishonored and disregarded.
I've decided that on my own, I was strong enough.
My heart for you, has become cold and hardened.

The trappings of this world, have trapped me in it's grasp.
I'm helpless, I'm calling for someone strong enough to save.
How could I forget that you've been here all along?
Waiting with your outstretched hand, saying, 'Child, call my Name.'

I look up, and there you are, with your face of mercy.
You call me out from my weighted brokenness
Called out of humanity, called out of the dark;
Called to be more than clay scarred by sins.

Blessings,
A.

1 comment:

  1. Thank God for His mercy. He is the lifter of our heads. A nice poem ~

    ReplyDelete

with love.