Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Light of the Lamb


Property of Aysha Gerald

There are so many times that I've wondered if I'm following the path that God has set out before me. When I took this picture, at the time, I didn't think that it held any significance. But while looking through the Bible, and trying to find a verse that created it into what it is now, I stumbled across Psalm 119:105. This verse has been repeated to me, over and over in my life. I remember being in Christian elementary school, and this being my favorite verse of them all.

Now I know why.

A lighthouse is meant to give light; to alert people on the water of what is near. It gives them a clear path of what is to come. Isn't that the way the Bible is? Isn't that the way that we are meant to use it? It's a guide for us. It's the path that we are asked to follow. God's own words, from heaven are being poured onto the earth, as a path for our feet. As in the picture, the path to the lighthouse (which shines the light of Christ) is rocky. When we are outside the circle of light, especially at night, in the darkness, there isn't much that we can see. In the distance, we can see the light, but that's far off. Isn't that how we are in our daily lives? We are consumed by the darkness of the world, but Christ is the light, the lighthouse that is calling us to Him. He is alerting us of what is to come, and only those of us who trust in Him, will see the future that He as ordained.

The path of life is rocky. Swallowing the truth of the Bible can be a challenge. But God always promises that He will be there through it all. Even Christ, before He left the earth, told His disciples that He would be with them.
Matthew 28:20 -- And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.
We're not alone. Ever. We can rest assured that the path has been laid out for us. Even though it's hard to bring our darkness and brokenness to God, such as the darkness consumes everything outside of the light of the lighthouse, we know that the light will always be there. We can come to Him; broken and scarred.

We will find rest in the Light of the Lamb.

Blessings,

A.

7 comments:

  1. I loved how you did this photo and I loved the inspiration Bible verse - it's definitely one of the awesome promises of God in the Bible and I so appreciate it and you for sharing it on Word-Filled Wednesday. Blessings to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an encouraging word.

    Thanks for sharing this today. I was blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love lighthouses for this exact reason - they remind me so much of our God. He is always the beacon of light, guiding us, directing us, and never-changing as we steer our boats over calm and storm. Great WFW and a wonderful message - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very thankful for the Lighthouse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed reading your thoughts. Life is definitely rocky at times. Grateful for the Light of the World that can pierce any darkness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, "I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life." (John 8:12 NAS)

    Yes, walking the path is not easy, but we can trust the LORD to direct our paths (Proverbs 3:5-6).

    ReplyDelete

with love.