Thursday, January 5, 2012

{what joy, what peace}

Psalm 16:11 {You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy}

For the past few days, I've felt God's presence so strongly - the feeling that makes everything else around you seem...unimportant.

I often get tied down, weighted down by the problems in my life, or in the things going on around me that I forget to place the King in His rightful place in my life. I forget that my time, my devotion, is what He requires of me..and rightfully so.

About a week or two back, I bought a playlist of about 11 songs (recommended worship songs by the wonderful team over at setapartgirl). This song was one of them:

{What Joy (Psalm 146)} by Generation Church, written by Sarah Emerson.

It is a beautiful song, a beautiful reminder of the joy and peace that we have when we hope in our Lord, and when we place all of our confidence in our King.
You made the heavens and the earth,
The sea and all that is in them.
Oh, Your promises remain.

You give justice to the weak,
You care for the widow and orphan.
Forever, Lord, You reign.

What joy! What joy for those whose hope is in the name of the Lord.
What peace! What peace for those whose confidence is Him alone.
Hallelujah! Forever we will sing.
Hallelujah! Praises to the King.
You can also listen here: What Joy (Psalm 146)

My prayer is that this song would be as encouraging and uplifting as it has been for me, and that you would feel a sense of revival in your soul.

xo, Aysha

1 comment:

  1. amen. I could use the encouragement! listening to that song. thanks

    ReplyDelete

with love.