Wednesday, June 15, 2011

{i will wait upon You, Lord}

Isaiah 40:31 -- But they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
Property of Aysha Gerald
This morning, I woke up and turned on the Christian radio station, K-Love. I got online and stumbled upon their Encouraging Word of the Day: this verse from Isaiah. Soon, a song by Lincoln Brewster, "Everlasting God" came on, speaking of this same truth from Scripture.

As I was thinking about the title of this post, the words I will wait upon You, Lord, came to mind.

Last night I had a breakdown of sorts. My life has been lived with God at the forefront of my mind, but He wasn't receiving the attention that He rightly deserved. I remembered to honor Him when it was convenient for me, but much of the time I tried walking my own path. I understood what God expected of me, but I thought that I had the power to direct my own steps.

Let me tell you, it's exhausting. It is almost as if I could feel the strength that I did have, slipping away. Because of this, my relationship with God faltered. I stopped praying. I stopped reading my Bible. I became a Christian without Christ, without allowing God to truly work in me and through me. I was much too busy to take a break, re-evaluate my life.

And then last night came. There were tears and pleas for forgiveness. There was such a broken, raw and honest interaction with God.

I've heard it said that sometimes He breaks us down to our lowest so that He can build us back up. That has never been more true in my life.
Psalm 62:5 -- For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from Him.
I want to be in a place where I can say: It is well with my soul. A place where I understand that every burden and worry has been lifted from me, as Christ says, "Here, let me carry that for you." A place where I can sit in the presence of God and feel more alive than ever, simply by listening to Him, rather than speaking at Him. A place where I hear the voice of God whispering, "Seek Me for the strength that you desire. It is only in Me that you will find rest. Rest in Me and I will give you strength."

Strength is found in waiting.

I will wait upon You, Lord.

Blessings,

This post can be found at:







4 comments:

  1. They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. That is so powerful and I so needed to hear this today. Like you I have faltered in giving time to the Father. I have tried to do it first thing in the mornings but somtimes other things get in the way. However, I do pray during the day as things come to my mind, but I know I need to sit down with My Father and talked with Him. I know He hears my prayers because He has answered so many of them but I still need that time alone with Him. Thank you for the verse and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was reading in devotions yesterday. And how "Wait" = qavah = To look for. Expect. Hope. And in Lamentations 3, how it says, "It is good that one should hope & wait quietly for the salvation of Lord." Such a great reminder..your post! Thank you so much for sharing this confirming word. ~ Jen
    http://richfaithrising.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

with love.